Friday, April 30, 2021

Words and Reality


Words.  We give them a lot of weight; they prop up the paradigms that shape our reality.  We are given words to believe in, creeds, and we do.  And because we believe in words, we act our worst, towards others and even towards ourselves.  We theologize the words that bind us; the Word is made Flesh. 

Reality.  Should you base your definition of what is on words or on your experience?  Quantum physics assures us that we can't define reality using our five senses alone because what seems solid isn't, what appears to stand still is in constant motion.   Physicists' experiments have proven that much, though they can't explain it yet, not even to themselves.

The most precious gift over 50 years of personal and professional dream exploration has given me is the certainty that I can use my dreaming to find my center, to test my beliefs and to find my way home when I die.  There is so much power in being able to know what is true and what is right because you've lived it and not because someone tells you what to live.  

Words can be so damaging, especially when they are used to mislead and indoctrinate.  For instance, "Stop the Steal."  You know where those words led.   "Qanon", "deep state", we are awash in trigger words, words that bring out the worst we're capable of, hate and violence.  What is the basis of these words? Who is speaking them and to what end? 

Experience is different than belief.  I recognize I play a part in shaping my reality with my thoughts, words and deeds, so I want to make my experience as pleasant as possible, for myself and for others. There's much anger, vitriol and hate in the speakers of these trigger words. If I were to immerse myself in their headset, I'd be creating a dark experience for myself.  I'd rather create the best I can experience.  What is the best we can experience as humans?  Love, joy, bliss?  What words evoke these feelings?  

The most important aspect of reality is that we shape it, consciously or unconsciously.  Once you fully experience the non physical aspect of your consciousness that wakes in dreaming, and once you see how easily you can take control of your existence in dreaming, you know waking reality is just as easily, if far more slowly, shaped. Connecting to the dreaming aspect of existence puts perspective on beliefs. 

A new trigger word in Foxland USA is "woke". It's being used, like "cancel culture" was, in the most un-awake ways possible; I have to laugh.  As a dreamer, I can safely claim a woke experience is what you get when you have a dreaming practice.  One disclaimer, though, if your dreams are nothing but painful at the moment, I would suggest you get reliable help from a counselor you can trust.  Many of life's traumas can leave our psyche so wounded that we can't get through it alone.  But if you have only the garden variety neurosis born of what patriarchal culture has wrought, your dreams can be a good road to real "wokeness".

Let our words contribute to the manifestation of a wonderful reality, both in the waking and in the dream worlds.  







No comments:

Post a Comment